Your surgery is joining thousands of other people, with the aim of creating dementia friendly communities that will improve the lives of people living with dementia. Dementia friends is a social action movement that aims to improve society's understanding of dementia. As a dementia friends practice we aim to promote the following five 5 key messages:
- Dementia is not a natural part of ageing
- Dementia is caused by brain diseases
- It is not just about losing your memory
- It is possible to live well with dementia
- There is more to the person than the dementia
If you would like to know more, please ask one of the staff at your surgery.